I did not do media GCSE in high school so I was clueless on the technology used in AS media.
I've learn a lot about camera angles and different sizes of shots and how much it can affect the feel of a film. Such as Close Up shots are often used in thrillers, which I use in mine also, as it captures an emotion if it is a shot of a persons face and can reflect the feeling of the audience or have an effect on the audience. I've learnt that distance is an important factor as well as, for example, and Extreme Close Up shot can make an object seem very close but really could be far away. Also, the Extreme Close Up may make the audience feel uncomfortable because it invades private space and that really affects some people. Using a tri-pod helped with steady movement and keeping the camera from shaking and this is important because it looks more professional and a hand-held camera can look amature. But sometimes can be used in documentaries or in horror and thriller films to convey realism.Paranormal Activity 3: Filmed like a documentary.
Final Cut Pro:
To edit our thriller, we used Final Cut Pro, which I had never used before. We used it to put our videos in sequence by 'log and transfer' and 'importing' and to edit our videos with putting effects on them to achieve a more thriller mood. At first, I found it complicated and got fustrated with it, but after I had used it a couple of times I understood it and used it more often, such as I used it recently to create a video for a music performance project. We learned how to add effects onto the videos, by just dragging the effect we wanted onto the timeline of where the video was. We used the effects of 'Bad Film' and 'Blur', also a Black and White tint. We tinted our titles in a faded red colour as well to add colour to our sequence. The effect of 'Bad Film' make the image flicker which adds to the intensity and had a thriller 'feel' to it. Also, 'Blur' makes the image blurry and distorted, which may be hard to figure out what the image is and thsi makes the audince feel uncomfortable because they don't know what they are seeing. This adds to the thriller genre because it is tense and thriller because they are not sureof what they are seeing. The Black and White tint idea came from the film Insidious. We liked the contrast between the red text and the black and white background. We thought it looked more creepy and eerie and created more tension for the audience.
For our soundtrack, we used Garage Band as we found it more effective than Soundtrack Pro. We have never used it before but found it easy to understand and use. We wanted to create a more subtle soundtrack using dark ambient sounds and then we added a piano riff on it because we found it and it sounded eerie so we used it, even though it wasn't our original idea. We listened to many different sounds within the sort of sounds we wanted and eventually layered our soundtrack with different instruments and sounds until we had completed our soundtrack.
My software knowledge has definitely improved as I didn't know how to use any of this software before. Also, the more I used, the more I could improve the quality and change the effects of some of the images. I haven't used any other video editing software yet but will do so in the future if needed. Our first draft was alright but obviously needed improving. We improved the red tinit because it was too bright to start with and faded it a bit by decreasing the saturation and added the 'Blur' effect onto some videos for more distortion.



No comments:
Post a Comment